Go to any medium to large organization and there is a high probability that the company is using Windows AD (Active Directory) Server. Windows servers are very popular for applications like LDAP, Mail server, Web Server, DNS, DHCP etc. No matter which company you will work you will for sure come across some of the other Windows servers being for critical services. It is therefore very important to learn how these servers are deployed and used by various organizations. We will teach you all the important services which are run on Windows Servers from the AD server to web server. We will also teach you how to search windows event logs like an expert.
Windows skills to Network Security professionals are as fundamental as programming concepts to a developer. Once you learn the skills how Windows are deployed in the real world you will be able to understand how these servers are configured to provide critical services like DHCP, DNS, AD etc. Windows is a close competitor of Linux in Data Center Server requirements. One need to have both the skills to appreciate the diversity of technologies used by various customers across the world. WIndows skills are very fundamental skills for any Network Security engineer and are must-have skills.
This module allows participants to configure, implement and manage Windows Server deployments on desktops and devices in a typical enterprise environment. You will perform hand on lab related to DNS, DHCP, AD and WEB SERVER features of Windows 2012. From the security perspective, you will additionally learn how to work with Windows event Manager in greater detail.
To know more about the Program Pricing, just fill the form. One of our representatives will get back to you with the requested information.
Windows Server 2012 Overview
- Windows Server 2012 Editions
- What Is Server Core?
- Windows Server 2012 Roles
- Windows Server 2012 Features
Installing Windows Server 2012
- Installation Methods
- Installation Types
- Hardware Requirements for Windows Server 2012
- Installing Windows Server 2012
Post-Installation Configuration of Windows Server 2012
- Overview of Post-Installation Configuration
- Configuring Server Network Settings
- How to Join a Domain
- Performing an Offline Domain Join
- Activating Windows Server 2012
- Configuring a Server Core Installation
Introduction to Windows PowerShell
- What Is Windows PowerShell?
- Windows PowerShell Cmdlet Syntax
- Common Cmdlets for Server Administration
- What Is Windows PowerShell ISE?
- Demonstration: Using Windows PowerShell
- Demonstration: Using Windows PowerShell ISE
Introduction to Windows Event Management
- What are Windows Event logs?
- How to search for specific event log?
- Configuration of Windows Event for various applications.